Home Farm Hotel and Restaurant is an excellent base for those that want to spend their time walking through the beautiful Devon countryside. Especially those that enjoy outdoor pursuits like Walkers and Ramblers visiting Honiton. Honiton in Devon has a multitude of different routes for you to follow. And due to its location you can walk through beautiful woodlands, wildflower meadows and alongside stunning coastlines. There's something for everyone in the local area. The East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that the hotel is situated in has 28 miles of coastal path and an extensive network of footpaths, bridleways and trails that will lead you through woodland, open heath and river valleys. So whatever your level of fitness or ability, from experienced hikers to casual walkers, you’ll find a walk that suits you.
South West Coast Path
The Multi-Award winning South West Coast Path is England's longest waymarked long-distance footpath. It's also officially the longest National Trail in England and has a rich history. It stretches over 630 miles and runs from Minehead in Somerset, along the coasts of North Devon and Cornwall, then back along South and East Devon. It finally ends in Poole Harbour in Dorset. The path offers the ultimate challenge for the long-distance walker. The route has over 115,000 feet of ascent and descent, that's the equivalent of scaling Mount Everest four times! But you don’t have to walk it all at once and the various segments are enjoyed by millions of visitors each year of all fitness and ability levels. Home Farm Hotel is just 15 minutes from the route as it passes through Seaton. For more information on this historic route click here.
Local walking routes
Below is a list of local walks, all within easy reach of the hotel:
- Walk 1: Beer to Branscombe (click here to link to map and details of the walk)
- 2: The East Devon Way (click here to link to map and details of the walk)
- 3: Kilmington village and the surroundings 1 - 6 (click here)
- 4: Stockland village and the surroundings 1 - 3 (click here)
- 5: Stockland village and the surroundings 4 - 6 (click here)
- 6: Salcombe Hill to Sidmouth Circular Walk (click here)
- 7: Combe Woods Loop from Honiton (click here)
- 8: Yew Trees at Farway Church Loop from Hontion (click here)
- 9: Hiking Loop form Ottery St Mary (click here)
- 10: Loop from Beacon, incredible views (click here)
Home Farm Hotel is situated right on the southern boundary of the Blackdown Hills, where there are also plenty of walks. So Walkers and Ramblers coming to Honiton are spoilt for choice!
Honiton Walking Club also has a list of local walks . They list a dozen highly rated walks around Honiton and the local area, here.